Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some a-hole rammed me in the tail while stuck in rush hour traffic.. I would say they were doing ~60mph. I saw her coming and tried to get out of the way at the last sec but then, WHAM, she rear ended me then continued to rear end the car in front me who got wedged into the back of a semi truck's bumper. If I wouldnt have been able to get the nose of my car pointed into the left lane I wouldve been an accordian and the person in front of me wouldve been a sardine can. I basically took the brunt of the impact which shot me forward about 5 car lengths into the passing lane and past a semi. The car shut off but I was able to get it to start up and drove it off the interstate to the shoulder. The highway was closed down for about 2.5 hours to clean up the mess..total chaos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
So some a-hole rammed me in the tail while stuck in rush hour traffic.. I would say they were doing ~60mph. I saw her coming and tried to get out of the way at the last sec but then, WHAM, she rear ended me then continued to rear end the car in front me who got wedged into the back of a semi truck's bumper. If I wouldnt have been able to get the nose of my car pointed into the left lane I wouldve been an accordian and the person in front of me wouldve been a sardine can. I basically took the brunt of the impact which shot me forward about 5 car lengths into the passing lane and past a semi. The car shut off but I was able to get it to start up and drove it off the interstate to the shoulder. The highway was closed down for about 2.5 hours to clean up the mess..total chaos.
The passenger safety cell did its job. Glad you are okay.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Let me guess. Another crazy bitch with a cell phone in her hand? That's how I lost my MK3 Hatch.

I am glad you are OK.

If you just wait a couple years the 2019 focus is going to have rice in the bumper.
And a fortune cookie in the glove box to tell you if you will survive the accident..

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sorry to hear that and I'm glad your alright. My next car is gonna be an Escape with 4 wheel drive. Not gonna be buying another Focus.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Can folks not do anything today without a cell phone in their hands ?

If Apple / Google will just hurry up and complete the "smart phone chip", meant to be implanted in the right frontal lobe, it will free up a hand or two.

"Hey Siri" we will call out.
"Yes (chosen name)" she replies in your head.
"Call (so & so) and in your head you hear her dialing.
"Hello" you hear in your head, and then you begin talking just as though you had a real phone in your hand.

One potential downside, once the implant catches on, as you walk down the street it may become much more difficult to determine who's having a real discussion with a real person from those who are just, shall we say, total whack jobs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can folks not do anything today without a cell phone in their hands ?

If Apple / Google will just hurry up and complete the "smart phone chip", meant to be implanted in the right frontal lobe, it will free up a hand or two.

"Hey Siri" we will call out.
"Yes (chosen name)" she replies in your head.
"Call (so & so) and in your head you hear her dialing.
"Hello" you hear in your head, and then you begin talking just as though you had a real phone in your hand.

One potential downside, once the implant catches on, as you walk down the street it may become much more difficult to determine who's having a real discussion with a real person from those who are just, shall we say, total whack jobs.

The voices in my told me to....lol [bash][?|][hatchet][screwy]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
can folks not do anything today without a cell phone in their hands ?

Nope, why would they want to do that for??? Lol

one potential downside, once the implant catches on, as you walk down the street it may become much more difficult to determine who's having a real discussion with a real person from those who are just, shall we say, total whack jobs.
lol^^^^

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Remember one who did that before cell phones.

Full show, motions of picking up phone & dialing while walking down the street, then holding it to ear & talking to someone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Damn, I hope you are OK, the car looks like it held up well for such a crash.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the well wishes! I actually managed to get a copy of the dashcam vid of the woman that hit me, didnt even brake or attempt to turn, hit me at 61mph... it's 64mb so I'm having a hard time finding a way to host it or email it. I made a smaller copy by phone video off the original so maybe I can upload that one..

I've been trying to locate another new 16' SE HB sport but only found 1 dealer 100 miles from PA/NJ (Beyer Ford-NJ) that had a couple red ones still in stock and none within 100 miles from IN/KY (preferred area), sooooo it looks like it may time to upgrade to the 17' ST!!!!!!!

I still have an unused 63mm TB, ERMM, and my slightly used Ti engine cover I may sell if I get the ST.. I will put the RS lid and Mountune or Green open ended filters on the ST. I think the TB was also an upgrade on the ST so I may actually keep it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts