Focus Fanatics Forum banner

RIP 2003 Screaming Yellow SVT

284 3
Possibly one less 2003 Screaming Yellow SVT in the world. I got rear ended by a college student on her cell phone.... at Interstate speeds. She plowed through 3 vehicles (mine being the first) before it was all over. Been arguing with the insurance company on the value of the vehicle. If they value it based on the less rare SVT colors (as they are trying) it is a total loss. If they value it based on Screaming Yellow or Competition Orange sales for the last few years, it would be repairable. Any tips or suggestions trying to work with the insurance company?
  • Sad
Reactions: pbfoot
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
356 Posts
Possibly one less 2003 Screaming Yellow SVT in the world. I got rear ended by a college student on her cell phone.... at Interstate speeds. She plowed through 3 vehicles (mine being the first) before it was all over. Been arguing with the insurance company on the value of the vehicle. If they value it based on the less rare SVT colors (as they are trying) it is a total loss. If they value it based on Screaming Yellow or Competition Orange sales for the last few years, it would be repairable. Any tips or suggestions trying to work with the insurance company?
You could always take the payout and have it fixed yourself. It'll have a crash on it's Carfax either way

1 - 4 of 4 Posts