Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15x6.5 4x108 4x100 42 offset MB Motoring Seven X rims fit on a 2000 focus lx.. The tires are going to be 205/65/15.. what you think?

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
rims will fit, tires are a bit big, and you may have issues there, you would be better off with a 205/55/15

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^^ he's right, wheels no problem as long as the offset is good. The tires (205/65-15) are around 25.5" that's a little over 1" taller then stock, our cars have small wheel wells and you may have problems. A 205/55-15 would be a great stock height tire to fit.
Good luck.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^ he's right, wheels no problem as long as the offset is good. The tires (205/65-15) are around 25.5" that's a little over 1" taller then stock, our cars have small wheel wells and you may have problems. A 205/55-15 would be a great stock height tire to fit.
Good luck.
The tires are on the 15x6 5 spoke stock rims with no problems.. is it that the rim is .5 wider that will cause problem? The offset on the rims is 42. bad part is i cant afford the right tire now why i was going to use these since there new

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
the tires will be fine, just more sidewall.

What Id suggest doing is finding some used wheels/tires in BST forum in a bigger size. going up to a 16 or 17 will increase steering response and handling. I found my st200s with fairly fresh tires (i got 20k miles out of Z rated tires after picking them up) for $600 in orlando.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
The tires are on the 15x6 5 spoke stock rims with no problems.. is it that the rim is .5 wider that will cause problem? The offset on the rims is 42. bad part is i cant afford the right tire now why i was going to use these since there new
Well its not just the .5" width increase, its also the 42mm offset.
your stock wheels are 15x6 with a 52mm offset,
the new wheels are a 15x6.5 with a 42mm offset.
That will move the entire wheel and tire out 16mm (5/8")as compared to stock, which doesn't sound like much it could be. You should be fine but I would be a little cautious and look for any rubbing while turning, that's all.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well its not just the .5" width increase, its also the 42mm offset.
your stock wheels are 15x6 with a 52mm offset,
the new wheels are a 15x6.5 with a 42mm offset.
That will move the entire wheel and tire out 16mm (5/8")as compared to stock, which doesn't sound like much it could be. You should be fine but I would be a little cautious and look for any rubbing while turning, that's all.
I guess i'll see what happends when i put them on.. i dont think there will be a problem though.. main thing was ebay said the rims wouldn't fit.. im going to be selling my stock 15" double 5 spoke rims

1 - 7 of 7 Posts