Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know a good rim and tired for the snow i could use just for the front...i aint lookin for style i just need and rim and tired set that will let me drive in snow...cause now an inch of snow looks like 3 feet to my poor lil baby

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Continental ExtremeContact tires will solve your snow woes...Put them all around...they're as good if not better than the stockers... wet or dry....then you won't have to worry about having to have a second set for winter!

·
Registered
604 Posts
GMISVTFocus said:
Does any one know a good rim and tired for the snow i could use just for the front...i aint lookin for style i just need and rim and tired set that will let me drive in snow...cause now an inch of snow looks like 3 feet to my poor lil baby
If you're suggesting winter/snow tires on the front while leaving the stock summer tires on the back, anyone will tell you this is a bad idea. The back wheels will lose grip and swing out.

Most people will advise you to get 16" rims rather than put winter/snow tires on your 17" rims.

One good+cheap winter/snow tire is the Hankook W300 Ice Bear.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got mine all mounted up on my 03 SVT; focus 16 x 6 5spoke rims with Nokian RSI snows 205/55 16 They where greaat in the dy yesterday and just as good if not better in the rain mix on the comute today. No rubbing ( I took a couple of exits prity hard to see after they where mounted up) I would Definatly recommend this as a winter setup. I found my rims on ebay for cheap no curb rash and one was brand new.[thumb] [:D]

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'm running ContiExtremeContacts all around on my stock 17's and these tires rock in the snow, rain, and are decent in dry. I would denititely recommend these! Check out my gallery for some snow pics [thumb]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts