Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Spin
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car tinted three days ago, got my rims today:

And although it looks sporty, I'm still testing, I noticed brake pull and rather heavy feel to the car after rim installation.

Also, I think when rims arrived they were over inflated at 42 PSI or so, so I took all four down to 37 PSI, which made the steering less darty.

I need to find out what the proper PSI would be for 215/45/17 size tire...

[8D]

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
i like white rims but never seen them on a yellow car before. need to see some side pics to make up my mind. hey if you like them thats all that matters. have fun keepin them clean. lol[hihi]

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
the heavy feel is because of the heavy rims. 32 psi should still be good for everyday drivin

·
Spin
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dipindods said:
i like white rims but never seen them on a yellow car before. need to see some side pics to make up my mind. hey if you like them thats all that matters. have fun keepin them clean. lol[hihi]
Below:

Shadowrunner said:
the heavy feel is because of the heavy rims. 32 psi should still be good for everyday drivin
This is my problem. I didn't want to sacrifice performance for anything, but now the car feels like it's struggling.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I like the white rims, but you need a lot of other stuff to make them go with the car. Drop, painted grill, other stuff, etc.

·
Spin
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SVTguy182 said:
I like the white rims, but you need a lot of other stuff to make them go with the car. Drop, painted grill, other stuff, etc.
Seriously, I can't tell at this point if I'm even going to keep them.

I can see why these rims were made for the SVT, because my Focus isn't doing so we'll with them.
It feels slow, heavy, and I believe I'm probably wearing out suspension and braking components just driving with them on.

The way my car performed before I got the rims is the reason I liked the car, now I'm not liking the performance and further could be doing harm to it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Realistically, those wheels were designed for a similar suspension setup so the wheels and tires themselves aren't going to prematurely wear out your braking equipment or suspension components.

From what I understand the SVT needed the bigger wheels to fit over the bigger brakes. With the extra power of the SVT, bigger wheels don't seem to be as big of a challenge to overcome. Thus the SVT wheel was borne.

If you don't want your wheels because they have decreased the amount of power that you can get to the road, that's fine. Don't ditch the wheels because you're afraid that you're going to cause detriment to your suspension.

·
Spin
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
violatedsohc said:
Realistically, those wheels were designed for a similar suspension setup so the wheels and tires themselves aren't going to prematurely wear out your braking equipment or suspension components.

From what I understand the SVT needed the bigger wheels to fit over the bigger brakes. With the extra power of the SVT, bigger wheels don't seem to be as big of a challenge to overcome. Thus the SVT wheel was borne.

If you don't want your wheels because they have decreased the amount of power that you can get to the road, that's fine. Don't ditch the wheels because you're afraid that you're going to cause detriment to your suspension.
The power loss is nominal, unnoticeable.

Right, it's just I don't want to mess up my car because I think the wheels look cool, which I do, other than that there's really no noticeable, as with acceleration, performance difference. (except powersteering works harder)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Did you check the weight of your stock rims and tires as compared the what the SVT rims and wheels would be? It could be the fact that you put something different into what you knew as normal and are still adjusting. Any change I've ever made to a car I knew well seemed like it affected in good or bad for like a week or 2 before it was normal and I no longer noticed it. Looks good though.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well I think the wheels are the bomb, you could get a tune to offset the extra wieght and wheel size if it bothers you too much.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
It looks good.. but yeah.. gonna be a PITA to keep clean.....

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I myself have never witnessed white rims on a yellow car it screams look at me though needs a drop bad almost looks 4 wheel drive in the one pic

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
it still screams BANANA to me, but hey, what do i know. I want white rims for my black ST, if u dont like em, i'll buy em off ya.

But yeah, drop it, paint some trim peices, and get some performance mods in, and you'll be good to go.

·
Spin
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
babyface said:
it still screams BANANA to me, but hey, what do i know. I want white rims for my black ST, if u dont like em, i'll buy em off ya.

But yeah, drop it, paint some trim peices, and get some performance mods in, and you'll be good to go.
Between you and me, Banana was what I was going for. [8D]

Bwahahahahahah....ahem.

I'll keep your offer in mind. If I don't like them after a month I'll sell these and start shopping for some conservative white 15s. [:)]

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
if you want the full effect, paint the grille, and all the black parts white. And get a graphic of the PBJ time guy on the back hatch, lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts