Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got a 2017 ford focus sedan se it came with 215 55 r16 rims 7 inch width and 50 mm offset. I bought some 18 inch rims 42 mm offset 9.5 inch width I got 235 40 r18 tires but the rims kinda stick out of the fender like a 1 1/2. Im still a noob at this. Would rolling the fender help? And what caused this was it the offset or the tire width? What would be a good offset and width to go to if i whant 18 inch rims.

·
So mote be it
8,856 Posts
So I recently got a 2017 ford focus sedan se it came with 215 55 r16 rims 7 inch width and 50 mm offset. I bought some 18 inch rims 42 mm offset 9.5 inch width I got 235 40 r18 tires but the rims kinda stick out of the fender like a 1 1/2. Im still a noob at this. Would rolling the fender help? And what caused this was it the offset or the tire width? What would be a good offset and width to go to if i whant 18 inch rims.
Its a combination, you added 2.5" of wheel and lowered your offset. There are wheel calculators out there to help you visualize the difference:
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=215&aspect=55&diameter=16&wheelwidth=7&offset=50&width2=235&aspect2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=9-5&offset2=42

rolling fenders will not give you an extra 1.5" of space, maybe get you a quarter inch more room unless you are really pulling them. Adding extra camber can help but only so much.

If you want an 18" wheel, look at focus models that came with them (ST is a 18x8 et50ish) and then look at many of the aftermarket wheel threads to see what sizes others are running. The stickies at the top of the different sections will provide you with lots of info

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
You got the wrong wheels, is what happened.

TireRack.com has a great selection of wheels that are fit specifically to your car. Use their website to find exactly what you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts