Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am havin a terrible time keeping my rims cleaned they are stock pads i never us them.
I basically don't break [cool]
I have 120,000 kms on the car and the pads look great so what am i to do?

thanks a bunch

[thumb]

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you're having a hard time keepin' the rims clean (with little breaking) ya might wanna check your cv boots. Or it could just be the weather and dirty roads. Keep them clean though, ya don't want the dirt to end up scratching the rims. WHen ya wash the car, use a chrome/steel polish and buff well with a lamb skin cloth or smooth cloth shop towel. And when ya see them getting just a little dirty again, buff back over it with a smooth cloth; should dust right off.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
wax / polish 'em. it won't keep the dust down, but it'll make it a helluva lot easier to clean 'em. best way to cut down on dust is to change out the brake pads.

MIke

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yeah, i like the title of the thread.... but back to your question, i heard that the "green stuff" from ebc (break pads) is supposed to be really good at not accumulation break dust on your rims. and how do you not break? you gotta stop eventually.....

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
RIM JOB LoL [thumb]

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Lil_RedZX3 said:
haha, that's what I was thinkin.....
We're a buch os sick f**kers! lol

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
*Beavis and Butthead laugh*..rim job.....

·
Registered
756 Posts
Kevlar or Ceramic pads and treat the wheels to a synthetic protectant to make cleaning easier.
wax on wheels does not last long, so a good polymer is recommended:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2001 with 132,000 kms

bought her brand new out of the box and haven't stopped yet, the car runs great i'm getting a bit of chatter from under the front suspension gotta bring her in which i HATE doing cause they are a bunch of dog FUC'RS around here, as soon as they find out its a ZX3 they smile and say OH it might have "the sport suspension" ass clowns.......no problems with her at all so enjoy driving it and drive it hard cause i'll tell you what it response real good to that.....i don't know mine must have been built on a Tuesday....[thumb]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts