Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm in the market for some new rims, I just could use a little advice about which ones I should get, I drive a 2000 CD Silver SE with blue tinting (from the previous owner, want to change to black) I want 17'' for the performance, I want ones that look good but aren't too expensive seeing as I'm only 17 and making minimum wage, 5-600 dollars are about as high as I want to go. So if anyone has any good advice for some rims that would look cool let me hear it.

PS I can post a picture if it if it helps.

Thanks [ffrocks] [loveff]

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I'd say a nice way to spend that cah would to first get a drop, an Eibach pro kit is pretty reasonable, that way your car will perform and look cooler. Affordable rims I'd go with SVT ones but a lot of people have those. Unfortunately i cant think of real cheap ones that arent really ugly.

·
Jetsetter
6,656 Posts
i have svt 5 spokes this is what it looks like to give you an idea what it will look like with a stock suspension

alot of people have then true, but they look nice dont stand out too much and fit the car very well. and you can find them on here in the buy-sell-trade forum for pretty cheap

and since that pic was taken the car has been dropped 1.75" its an old pic

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
And to be on the safe side, keep the wheel offset in the 45 to 49mm area. This will prevent rubbing with most moderate drops.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those SVTs look great on the car, I might look into those, and ya I was planning on going with the pro kit, thanks for the advice all.

BTW may I ask what % your tint is and what size rim your using?

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
my car looks exactly like that one but without the rims. he looks likes he using 25 to 35% tint on his car. and i think those svt rims are 17s not sure

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yep SVT rims are 17s, and the 5 spokes can be had on Ebay for quite a bargain.

·
Jetsetter
6,656 Posts
Those SVTs look great on the car, I might look into those, and ya I was planning on going with the pro kit, thanks for the advice all.

BTW may I ask what % your tint is and what size rim your using?
yeah 35% tint its a nice happy medium i would like darker actually, and all svt rims are 17" im running 215/45/17's and i now have the roush kit with almost a 2" drop with only small rubbing issues, and looks like this now, should be similar with the pro kit drop, just to give you an idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts