Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so on my 08 sedan I'm planning to drop it on h&r race springs/koni sport yellows. I want to get 16x7 rims with I believe a 40mm offset. Would a 205/45/16 tire fit without rubbing or do I need spacers?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
With 40mm offset finding the right/perfect tire is going to be awkward. Spacers will only move the tire and wheel toward the fender lip complicating matters. I'd initially use the stock tire and wheel for a test fit and let that be your guide.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^^^ I second that. I was running a 235 on a 7.5 in rim with 40 offset and i only rubbed on the really hard hits. Start with what you have a go from there.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks guys! Is higher offset better? The offset always confuses me :). What's the offset on the standard 15inch alloys?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
U shouldn't need to roll. If u want to try on my gold 16x7 +40 swing by my house and do a test fit[thumb] the 2nd gens have more fender clearance than 2000-07 see how they fit and go from there. Smaller/ taller wider etc. This will give u a good reference point since u can see it right in front of u

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Demented you have become my favorite socal focus.....once I get all my various bits together sometime in August I'll have to test fit. Off topic but I should be able to come by this Friday for those sways. Finally get paid this summer :D.

In my various daydreams of today involving my car, I wondered, does anyone make a widebody kit for the second gen?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
No just the 3d carbon kits that I know of. Well im at my pad if u want to tease ur self im about 5 min away from the sat meet happening later today u should drop by

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had no idea there was a meet lol I'm out at Zuma beach in Malibu, some familys in from north carolina and its their last day. I would come but I have to drive my mother home later and I doubt shed enjoy that haha sad day though, sounds like a blast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts