Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a fuse for each side? My friend noticed the other day while driving behind me that my passenger side rear running light was not on but the brake light still worked. So I went out and replaced the bulb, and I still had the same problem. Is there a fuse that may need to be replaced? One fuse for each side of the car? One fuse for each corner of the car? Or could it be a wiring problem?

Oh btw, car is an '01 sedan.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Sounds like a wiring issue, check for bare wires where it could be grounding out. To answer you question, no there is only one fuse for all the running lights.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Are you sure you bought the right bulbs? I mistakenly bought a bulb that looked identical but the number was off by like one and I had the same issue. If not this then it probably is a loose wire or short somewhere

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just check fuses 46 and 47 or maybe it was 47 and 48, I forget. Any way there's a seperate fuse for either side.

I just had to do this yesterday.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a wiring issue, check for bare wires where it could be grounding out. To answer you question, no there is only one fuse for all the running lights.
I checked the wiring behind the taillight and it was fine.

Are you sure you bought the right bulbs? I mistakenly bought a bulb that looked identical but the number was off by like one and I had the same issue. If not this then it probably is a loose wire or short somewhere
I'm pretty sure I bought the correct bulbs... they are 3157's (dual filament bulbs) for the brake lights, right?

Just check fuses 46 and 47 or maybe it was 47 and 48, I forget. Any way there's a seperate fuse for either side.

I just had to do this yesterday.
I'll go out and check them today. Hopefully it's something as simple as a blown fuse.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I went out to check the fuses today and they both were fine. It turns out it must have been a short or something in the wiring because the running light works fine now. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts