Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my 03 SE had a tail light out so I replaced it. As soon as I replaced it my right amber on the bumper went out. I replaced that and my right blinker still flashes really fast. Once in a while it will go back to normal but soon returns to fast. All of my blinkers work fine. I'm trying to sell the car so this is a big problem. I really don't want to track down a electrical short. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Car has 78k original miles, SPI, and a 5 speed if that matters

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Hi. I am guessing you do not have a wire diagram OR a multimeter? Troubleshooting this system with or without those tools still might begin with some visual inspections of the wiring at light bulb sockets and how well the sockets mate onto the electrical contacts of each bulb. Let me say that again, the bulb socket will often fail to make good contact with the bulb. Clean and tweak them to make the contact points tighter.

The electrical ground for these circuits can also cause issues. If these ground terminal lugs do not have a healthy connection onto the car frame, this will cause different symptoms based on how poor the connection is. So get in there, find these connections, and clean them up.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marde! I'm replacing my headlights tomorrow so ill go through and check out each socket. It started after I pulled the bulbs and fixtures to tint the lights so I figured I disturbed something

1 - 3 of 3 Posts