Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrecked my zx4 pieced it back together. Now i am trying to just bypass my airbox if possible which is cracked and somewhat salvageable. Basically bypass everything and just hook up my mass airflow sensor coupling straight from intake to a air filter. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
It works, you'll find references here in the performance sections (duratec performance for you).

"Stealth SRI" or "Stealth CAI"

You'd likely have to turn the tube around to fit in the TB coupler, and then you need to mod the tube just enough to fit the MAF the opposite way - it has to stay in the right airflow direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It works, you'll find references here in the performance sections (duratec performance for you).

"Stealth SRI" or "Stealth CAI"

You'd likely have to turn the tube around to fit in the TB coupler, and then you need to mod the tube just enough to fit the MAF the opposite way - it has to stay in the right airflow direction.
Got it, i did alot of research so basically what i wanna do is fab a short ram I have a few concerns. One is my hood is [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up and i dont know how well that will go with my filter sucking in water. And two i want to incorporate my oil breather line ( i dont know how detrimental it is if say hypothetically i were to neglect it and just leave the broke off line sticking out. I figure a hacksaw to the MAF tube and connect that to my stock OEM boot off the mani and then an air filter to the MAF tube and call it a wrap. Any thoughts,comments or ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts