Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much comfort do you give up putting on the eibachs, and do tires rub at all , do you need to get alighnment after?[dunno]

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
mine only rubbed on the rear pass tire! but i actually thought it was a better ride with the sportlines then the stock svt but you do feel the bumps alot more and are going to want to get some better shocks to go with the springs.

if i still had that one i would offer you a ride in it but i have the stock svt suspension now and im almost set on getting a speed 6 this summer so i wont be dropping my car in the spring.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I had pro-kits for awhile, ride was nearly identical to stock only slightly firmer. Tires never once rubbed with that. I have sportlines now and it's very firm and does rub alittle. Lol. You will definitely need an alignment afterwards!

Pro-Kit

Sportline

Moved to wheels, tires, brakes and suspension chat

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
No rub, here in Chi, with the potholes, it beats you up a little but the better handling and looks far outweigh the little discomfort.

Nice Cobra, white was always my favorite color on those cars

·
Banned
589 Posts
I have the complete Pro-kit drop, 1.5" springs and shocks/dampers. I drive my car 70 miles 4 days a week and I love the pro-kit on a daily driver. It is much firmer than my stock sedan suspension, but not at all jarring over bumps. It also handles like a dream, especially after I installed a 22m rear sway.

Here's a pic of the pro-kit 1.5" on my sedan, its a tiny bit lower in the rear due to two 12" subs in the trunk...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
what did you do to get the wheels to that stance? Spacers?
No sir, no spacers, stock offset. Only difference is 225/45/17's instead of 215/45s.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sportlines with SACHS dampers. Stiffer than stock but not too rough for the wife and kids.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts