Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. So I have a question for ya'll. Just wanted to gauge what everyones front end ride height is from side to side. Mine is around 1/8" lower on the left front than the left front and I was wondering if this is typically the case for most of us since for one the driver sits there and there is typically more weight on that side anyway from things like the battery and transmission being on that side. Just wondering what ya'll have. Doesn't matter what suspension setup.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
ya mines the same. I got about 3/16 on the driver side lower thna the passenger side.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh. I am beginning to think this is just inherant of the Focus. You even have coilovers so lol. I am at school right now with all my toolage tearing the entire suspension apart. Just got done inspecting the rears. Found two things I did wrong the first time. One was on the right side there was bigger gravel where the spring sits that I knew about the first time.... Too lazy to turn on the compressor and blow it out... The second problem is the top spring isolator. There are two nubbins that hold it in place from rotating side to side. One was correct, the other was not. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway. In process of putting the rear swaybar back on and then attacking the fronts head on. Gonna probably swap the springs in front side to side to see if it may be a weak spring or something. Who knows. Probably nothing gonna change but I consider it practice.

Anyone else gonna measure theirs for me?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my obsessivness resulted in things being exactly the same. All spring heights front and rear were exactly the same. The rears are installed perfectly with no dirt under them this time. The front springs were swapped side to side to check for a weak spring and everything was installed to spec, and torqued down with weight on it. Nothing changed. I am convinced there is just more weight on the drivers side of the car now. Next step is relocating that heavy battery to the trunk. Actually replacing it and relocating it to the rear with a PC680 battery.

lol. Thanks for reading about my obsessive nature.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
how are you going to run the wires under the unibody or through the floor board? my friend is doing the same thing to his 67 mustang he doesn't want to rip out all the flooring so he's just going to go under the car.....lol.what a dumb ass... I hope you do it rite.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to run the wires through the firewall, under the carpet and up under the seats into the trunk. The wires are so freaking stiff I don't think i will even need to take out wall the carpet. Just push it under and through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts