Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[giggle] Lately, I have been seeing alot of people doing this to their headlight (as pictured below) and I guess I just don't understand why they are doing that. Are they trying to get the whole projector look? Does it help with directing light output?

I would think that it would mess up the light throw. To me it looks like total rice. I think they are just trying to look as if they have projectors or something like that...totally pointless.

What's your thought on this? Has anyone seen this before?

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
lolz double you tee eff on that.

·
Registered
441 Posts
is that the way the light is shipped? ive seen some one in town here where i live with tail lights that look like the same style but they look like they painted all around the bulb spot. so just a small circle where the bulb is is all you see. idk. looks like poop.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm not sure what it is...i'm guessing that it is some sort of vinyl that is placed over the bulb...not sure though

all i know is that it is ugly!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
a buddy of mine had his headlights done like that on his sentra recently. his isn't quite as odd/extreme, as he left the entire circle in front of the headlight unpainted. kind of like how we paint the 05+ headlight housings, everything gets painted except the shiny chrome reflector directly behind the lights. well picture that same size circle as the only thing not painted on his headlight covers. it's either paint or nightshade that his are done with, paint i believe. i don't like it. but he says it's what they do where he's from, south alabama. he seemed as if he thought my idea of painting the housings was just as odd as i thought his idea was.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Cheap way to may people think you have projectors maybe?
We have a winner, someone give him rep points.

And no, this is not like how we paint the inside of our headlight. This is done on the outside...tint I understand, this just is another autozone special.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a winner, someone give him rep points.

And no, this is not like how we paint the inside of our headlight. This is done on the outside...tint I understand, this just is another autozone special.
hmm....gotta love those autozone specials!

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
I have actually seen some of the local members of the stupid zoo cut holes in their tinted headlight covers with the same idea in mind...

...didn't know that people still bought those let alone make them [scratch]

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
nice.. lol.

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Imagine this, neighbor kid with a Chevy truck buys plastic tinted headlight covers. Installs them, then asks me if I had a hole saw he could borrow. So I let him borrow the bit(1 1/2") without asking what he intends to do with it. I hear him cursing, so I go over to check on him. Not only did he cut a hole in his lense, he cut his light as well. The best part is that he did both sides, then realized his mistake. I just smiled and told him to keep the bit, hang it up in his room as a reminder that the next time he has a lapse of grey matter, he should seek help. This is the same kid that laughed when I pulled up next to him at a stoplight, told his gf to "watch this"(he had his windows down). The light changed and off he went......sideways into the curb and over the sign. Lesson, wet pavement and bald tires don't mix!!! I pleasantly honked as I went by :p

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Imagine this, neighbor kid with a Chevy truck buys plastic tinted headlight covers. Installs them, then asks me if I had a hole saw he could borrow. So I let him borrow the bit(1 1/2") without asking what he intends to do with it. I hear him cursing, so I go over to check on him. Not only did he cut a hole in his lense, he cut his light as well. The best part is that he did both sides, then realized his mistake. I just smiled and told him to keep the bit, hang it up in his room as a reminder that the next time he has a lapse of grey matter, he should seek help. This is the same kid that laughed when I pulled up next to him at a stoplight, told his gf to "watch this"(he had his windows down). The light changed and off he went......sideways into the curb and over the sign. Lesson, wet pavement and bald tires don't mix!!! I pleasantly honked as I went by :p
that has to be the funniest thing ever lol

silly person...drills aren't for kids!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Thats just stupid, lol.

I have also noticed a new trend lately, at least around here. So some cars have bras, now they have thongs??? I dont get it... its UGLY

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i think the only way that could be funnier is if he set them on his leg then drilled into his thingh.LOL

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thats just stupid, lol.

I have also noticed a new trend lately, at least around here. So some cars have bras, now they have thongs??? I dont get it... its UGLY
postpics or GTFO.
LOL!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Headlight/Tail-light covers were all the rage when I was back in high school in '92. Seemed like every car from camaro's to corsica's lol had them.

Can't forget the bay-boy stickers in the back windows hahahahaha

I guess you can say, headlight covers were the building blocks for what we have today with Lamin-X.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts