Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did this small easy mod three days and its Amazing guys....It seems like you can feel anything in the tranny.....the shifts are so "light" if that makes sense, it doesn't take nearly as much force to move the shifter its Effortlesssssssssssssssssssss amazing guys....an questions go ahead and ask.

Thanks WD40 for the "How To" on this thing....

Andrew

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its great... Very easy considering i already have a CAI so it was just a matter of putting a wrench on the bolt a few times..

Andrew

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Works for me...I am happy, especially after installing the CFM STS.
Dan

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yep, when i did it, the change was very noticeable. The shifts were very "schniticky" and precise, I had the first focus central STS and took a lot of effort to shift before.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah yeah I couldn't believe the difference, i honestly didn't think it was that easy so i was kinda puttin it off but im very glad i did it....

Andrew

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Anyone done it with the stock broom-handle length shifter? I'm contemplating it, but might just wait until I get a STS, as I have to replace the cables as well (I LOVE that piece of plastic on the transmission side of the cable that pops right off the trans once it's worn and you are shifting hard...).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey pkmgarf, if you want you can feel how mine shifter feels. Ihave the stock shifter with the weight removed. Either way, it greatly improved the feel of the factory shifter.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
ya how is it with the stock shifter?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I removed the counter weight before the STS install.

It's definitely a worth while mod with the stock shifter.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I just removed the counterweight today and its a night and day difference. It feels so much better shifting now.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
for sure man, glad you're happy with it. I def. like it much better too.

Andrew

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not sure, i have a ZX3 Zetec along with my SVT but im not anywhere near it as i am in school. Otherwise i would run out and check that for ya, sorry man.

Andrew

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
I would really appreciate it if you would find out if this will work on the non-svt zetec.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts