Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking at these for awhile now and i would like a review on them. Anyone who has them what do ya think? http://newedgeperformance.com/gearconfocpe.html also as far as the install goes pedals can't be that hard can they?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
on of my friends had them in his gt all he did was clamp and drill. its not very hard. a monkey with a drill could probably put them in. oh and how aftermarket pedals feel. i drove his gt and i liked them a lot. his were very very similar to those. only difference was his had a carbon fiber finish to them. they will make your car look a bit sportier too.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drilling eh i was reading that i don't know if i'm into dirlling whoels in my pedals =\ hmm i want them though just arg i think i'll buy them

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
if your unsure how to put them in go to a car shop get raped 75 bux per hour see if the guy could cut you some slack. if he doesn't you get pedals with peace of mind that there on right or so you assume......lol im sure they come with instructions.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol or i get my dad.... diesal mechanic in the navy for 15 years.....

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Hey Solaris Don't be afraid of drilling the holes into your pedals. I was afraid to do this to my mustang buti haven't regretted it one dayand it got me used to using a drill since i was a young buck at the time and never drilled before. It is very easy and believe me when you buy a house that drill will be more useful then your wife will be.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow ur an ass.....it's not using the ****ing drill i'm scared of just think drilling hole into my pedals seems a bit much.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
That is what i am saying it's no big deal it's nothing that couldn't be fixed if something would go wrong

Resorting to name calling is lame by the way

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aight i ordered mine this morning before school

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
give us a review then i want to know how they compare to the SVT pedals

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I would assume the manual pedals are similar to the ATX pedals (except of course there is one more pedal). If this is true then your clutch and brake pedal are metal and will be a little more work to drill through and your gas pedal is plastic and is a cinch. I installed the ATX pedals on mine and the whole thing took maybe 20 minutes. The toughest part was the gas pedal has raised ridges on the back side so it was a little more difficult to get the bolt on the back side of the nut. Still all in all a simple but nice mod for Manual or ATX.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
blackandgold said:
give us a review then i want to know how they compare to the SVT pedals
i wanted svt pedals but they are way to much money

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just put mine on like 10 mins ago. they look great i've yet to drive with them. a word of advice don't do it when it's 30 degrees outside lol

·
Registered
877 Posts
Im thinking about getting those pedals but since we get rain and snow around here im worried that the I wont be able to drive after getting out of the rain or snow.. (wet shoes on aluminum pedals= not much grip) so let me know how slippery they actually get.

Thanks, Shawn

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have walked in snow then jumped in car they grip just as well or better then stock. Thsoe rubber inserts work great

·
Registered
877 Posts
Ok Thanks, Thats what I needed to know.. Guess now I get to go buy some pedals!

-Shawn

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I'm gonna order some of these from newedgeperformance.

Hey, Solaris, how those pedals holding up ?

Still like them ?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Pedal Review

I have the same pedals. They work great. Only issue I had was where I mounted the gas pedal, the plastic ridge on the back kept the nut from threading onto the bolt. Need to go to homedepot and get a longer bolt.

No problems with slipping off the pedals here. It rains here a ton and we actually got snow this year so I have the wet weather covered also.

Pretty easy mod and looks great. They are much better than bracketed universal pedals also. Had those in my Galant and they were a pain. Plus witht he focus you have to bend the gas pedal.

If your thinking of getting them, check e-bay. Like $20 shipped.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
yah i hear ya easttex that ridge was a bitch to get the nut on. i managed to do it but my damn hand was hurting for days after that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts