Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just to get this out of the way...I'm not in ANY WAY associated with www.fashtek.com or any of its employees

Ok, so I really wanted HIDs for my Focus after seeing how well they looked on my friends Audi.
I ordered directly from www.fashtek.com last Tuesday at about 8:30 pm. That same night, around 10:40pm I recieved my USPS tracking numbers. They really are the fastest shippers I've ever dealt with. They ship out from Maryland, and with me being in Wisconsin, I figured it would take them about a 4-5 days. Well, Friday morning I recieved my 8000k HID kit.

The install COULD NOT HAVE BEEN EASIER!!! I barely glanced at the directions, and I had the entire kit installed within 20 minites. It really is all PLUG -N- PLAY! The only difficult part is where to mount the two (2) ballasts. They're roughly about the size of a pack of ciggerettes, and are about a 1/2 inch in thickness. After I mounted them, I had them up and running. I ordered the GTECH meaning, you only get HIDs for your LOW BEAMS...and you completely lose your HIGH BEAMS. But honestly, I've driven them in rain, and on roads with absolutely NO street lights, and I didn't find the need at all for HIGH BEAMS. They offer a DUAL HID kit for H4 (9003) but it's about $300.They all have a 1 year warranty aswell. So far tho, I've had nothing but compliments on these, and according to everyone, they all hate driving in front of me lol

HERE'S A VIDEO I MADE:
]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4385258747485684353

If you decide to order these remember that the Focus uses H4 (9003) for its application. www.fashtek.com also offers alot of color tempetures depending on how you want your HIDs to look.

Here are some pics of my HIDs in the box

Ballasts mounted

Pictures of the HIDs

·
Registered
759 Posts
better not let those lights focus too long on your garage door... might burn a hole right through it

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, they're pretty bright. They have mostly blue in them with a little bright white and some purple. I like them.

I didn't get the SVT HIDs only because I like my stock headlights...they reflect alot of light from my HIDs

If I can get ahold of some projectors for cheap, I'll eventually buy those.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$235

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^i was lookin at those, and if you have dual halos, you wouldnt need to get the upgraded kit for 300, if you just run stock h1's in the hi beams right?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I honestly don't know...

You could call the number on their website and maybe found out. I don't have dual halos or nothing

Just the stock headlight houseing

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
The color is definitely awesome and I'd like a set myself, but I'm a little worried that the local police would love to write me a fix-it ticket for them. I wonder if putting some eyelids on the headlights would reduce the flood light affect?

·
Registered
267 Posts
yea those look hawt, but i would be so paranoid about the coppas. I dont even signal when im turning if there is a cop in front of me, b/c of my ultrabright white turn signals.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TriniZX3 said:
yea those look hawt, but i would be so paranoid about the coppas. I dont even signal when im turning if there is a cop in front of me, b/c of my ultrabright white turn signals.
Well not signaling can get you pulled over aswell. But, I've never heard of anyone getting pulled over for brighter turn signals.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
i looked at that highbeam kit too, it looks pretty gimicky, i mean, the lights angle up? seems like more stuff to break.

anyways, i'd rather get the Hella kit, better quality, but the ones on you're car look badass.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you

I debating buying this kit for a while...

$235 for some blue color in my headlights, but after I thought about it...HIDs on a Focus look tight because they don't come with HIDs, or maybe some SVTs do, idk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, those are gorgeous, and that's a fantastic price too! I just may purchase this kit very soon, I'm really impressed with the price. Was the install really that simple? The only thing stopping me from buying a kit before was that I was worried about a difficult installation process.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
You might want to park your car on the street with the lights on and sit in another car facing it down the street and make sure that your lights aren't aimed in such a way that you're going to be blinding other drivers. I can't recall if you can aim the stock reflector-type halogens, but if you can you should make sure you don't have them aimed too high.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts