Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backup Lights don't work!

OK where is the sensor for the backup lights? I have checked the fuse and light bulb, must be the shifter sensor. Where is it located, or any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
From the picture in the 2006 shop manual. Its on the transmission, by the shift linkage. I cannot tell but I think you get to it from underneath the car. Maybe others can clarify on that point.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Under the airbox on the 2000-2004 models, on top of the tranny... maybe the same place on the 05+?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 Manual Focus SES Reverse Lights out!

I'm wondering if this sort of thing would be covered under the warranty. I just passed my 30,000 miles and, of course, my reverse lights are not activating when I shift into reverse. Afraid this will affect my State Inspection. The reverse lights come on MAYBE 1 out of 10 times I shift into reverse. Is the fix labor intensive? I haven't performed major maintenance on my car, just a couple oil changes. Is this a sign of a bigger problem?[dunno] [dunno] [dunno]

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The basic warranty is 3/36, so if you're under that, you should be covered. In Missouri, reverse lights are not part of a safety inspection.

The reverse switch on the transmission could be your problem, but I'd bet on a wiring issue, like a bad/loose connector. Fix it yourself....probably a difficult job for a beginner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any updates on this issue?? I have checked the bulbs, fine, fuses, fine, reverse switch on tranny, replaced. I got nothing. Any thoughts...anyone?

·
Registered
16,186 Posts
Learn to use a voltmeter, takes maybe 5 minutes. All the good electrical parts on earth mean nothing if there is no power to them.

·
Registered
16,186 Posts
Avoiding learning something so simple will cost you thousands before it's all over.

Yours and do as you will, just sayin'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts