Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a shuttering when moving in reverse gear (automatic). No problems in forward gears. Any suggestions?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Year?
Miles?
Maintenance?
Check Engine lights or (!) lights?

·
Registered
289 Posts
mine does the same thing and i was told that it was probably the back motor mount. but if you find out please let me know and i will do the same

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Approximately how many miles has it been doing it on yours and any idea of the cost to repair it? I drive mine so little now maybe I can just leave it alone.

·
Registered
289 Posts
it just started doin it about a month ago with 177xxx miles on it and if you can do it yourself it shoudnt cost that much but if you go somewhere and get it it probably will cost 200-300 or more.

·
Registered
289 Posts
so how hard is it to actually change the back mount?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Mine does the same, but it only seems to do it if I try and go in reverse a little fast. If I just go slow it doesn't do it. So that does kind of seem like a motor mount. I bet it would just be jacking the engine oil pan up and unbolting the 2 bolts. ??? I have no idea though.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Mine does the same, but it only seems to do it if I try and go in reverse a little fast. If I just go slow it doesn't do it. So that does kind of seem like a motor mount. I bet it would just be jacking the engine oil pan up and unbolting the 2 bolts. ??? I have no idea though.
Same here. I did have to clean mine out once though. All grease and dirt packed around it. I just used a piece of coat hanger and cleared the junk out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts