Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just informed by a friend that my reverse lights don’t work. So i checked it out and sure enough both are out. So i thought ok maybe the bulbs blew....so i replaced one, and it still didn’t work. So I then thought the LED tails finally had a flaw, maybe wiring problems in them after this much use? So i grabbed my stock tails and the reverse lights still didn’t work after plugging them in. So I have no clue what the deal with it is....can any one help?

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
check fuses to start with, though i dont know which ones....

if the fuses are good, then there may be a wiring problem. generally speaking, the most likely places for wire problems is either end of the wire, going into the fuse box, or the light assembly. try moving the wires around a bit with the car in reverse to see if the light comes on. if it does, you know you have a wire problem in that general area. wire problems are fairly easy to fix, if you can find the problem (which is usually the hardest part) if you find a wire problem and need some help fixing it either PM me or e-mail me since i do not often check this forum.

you may also have a problem with the switch that turns the lights on when in reverse, or the wires from there....

sorry i couldnt be more help.... good luck.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've got the same problem brutha.. new bulbs.. stock light.. nothing works. I even replaced the fuse and no dice. I guess the switch is the problem. Where ever that might be..

I've also searched the Forums.. There are a few threads about the same problem but there is no solution to the problem.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
check the haynes repair manual. should not only tell you where it is, but how to change it.

you should be able to pick it up from your local hardware store.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
i dont know off the top of my head. the haynes manual should tell you. (i fortunatly have not had a need to purchase one, so i dont have one)

sry

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
#53 for manual trans and #40 for automagic [thumb]

Reason I know is cause my 05' is doing the same thing. Checked fuses, bulbs, etc. I whould like to know where that switch is too.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
On ATX it is on the front of the Transaxle, near the selector cable front cover.

On MTX it is on the top of the transmission, and you need to remove the aircleaner, battery, and battery tray to reach it.

Or so says Chiltons. A manual for $15-20 bucks is a wise investrment. I generally prefer Haynes, but the Chiltons was the only one I could find that was updated for the 2005 models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts