Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried this in the engine and transmission swap forum for a couple days with no luck on an answer...

2012 Titanium Hatch w/5-speed manual transmission

Three weeks ago my manual transmission failed. The shop I took it to replaced it with a low milage used transmission. Sadly this replacement has something funky with the 2 to 3 upshift during quicker acceleration and the 4 to 3 downshift during somewhat aggressive deceleration. I bought it back to the place to show them and they agreed there is a problem and are swapping it out again tomorrow with another used but hopefully perfect transmission.

Another problem I did notice was my Reverse Assist function in the dash is now not working. I've checked the settings in the dash and the function says it is turned on, but when I go into reverse the centre information screen doesn't change like it did to the Reverse Assist display and I get no beeping as I reverse close to objects behind me.

Would this be merely a cable the mechanic failed to connect to a sensor that senses when the transmission is in reverse, or is this programming that wasn't done within the TCU if there is one on this transmission?

I'm hoping to pass on any useful information to the shop when I drop my car off, and would be happy with anything you can send my way. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Pretty much all transmissions have a mechanical switch inside that operates and electrical switch contact when reverse is selected.

I would say that the electrical connector has not been reconnected, has a bad connection or the wire is damaged.

Probably your reverse lights are not working either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably your reverse lights are not working either.
Confirmed! Checked last night in my parking garage when I got home and the white reverse lights did not come on when I was in reverse gear.

Hopefully the shop will get it right this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts