Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 Titanium Hatch w/5-speed manual transmission

Three weeks ago my manual transmission failed. The shop I took it to replaced it with a low milage used transmission. Sadly this replacement has something funky with the 2 to 3 upshift during quicker acceleration and the 4 to 3 downshift during somewhat aggressive deceleration. I bought it back to the place to show them and they agreed there is a problem and are swapping it out again Tuesday with another used but hopefully perfect transmission.

But I also noticed another problem... my Reverse Assist function in the dash is now not working. I've checked the settings in the dash and the function says it is turned on, but when I go into reverse the centre information screen doesn't change like it did to the Reverse Assist display and I get no beeping as I reverse close to objects behind me.

Would this be merely a cable the mechanic failed to connect that senses when the transmission is in reverse or is this programming that wasn't done within the TCU if there is one on this transmission?

I'm hoping to pass on any useful information to the shop on Wednesday when I drop my car off in the morning, and would be happy with anything you can send my way. Thanks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I hadn't considered that the problems might be related.

After the last time I got my car back from the shop, after being repaired (14M02) my backup camera stopped working consistently. It started only working sometimes, and sometimes it would come on, but the picture was upside-down, and no steering lines. Now it's rare that it comes on, and it's ALWAYS upside-down when it does.

At the same time, I started getting warning beeps from the park assist sensors while moving slowly or stopped at complete random. (It will happen when there is nothing within 15 feet of the car in any direction)

I just figured that this is what was going wrong next. I've owned this car for a short period of time, but it's already been in the shop for more repairs than my old DD Honda had been in over more than double the mileage that this has in total.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts