Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew if it even was possible or how to take out govenor becaze i love that nice cut off point

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Do you love it..or do you want to take it out?.................

Use the search button on top of this page..........and Welcome to FF

Peace.........

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
well to answer the question, the only way I know how to remove the govenor is to by a ECU chip. That will remove the speed limiter and the rev limiter. But be careful not all chip companies remove them. Superchip is one of the only ones I think

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Diablosport or Superchip can remove/raise the limiters on specific ECU codes.
The only way to find out is to give a chip dealer your ECU code and see if they can remove/raise the limiters.

Beware: I was told that the speed limiter was removed on my diablosport chip but it didn't remove it. The diablosport program says it should be removed but it was not.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have a super chip and it raised my rev limiter to 7200 rpm and Ive gotten up to 125mph and diddnt hit the limiter if there is one. There was too much traffic to go any faster.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
mconrada said:
I have a super chip and it raised my rev limiter to 7200 rpm and Ive gotten up to 125mph and diddnt hit the limiter if there is one. There was too much traffic to go any faster.
what's your ECU code?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hmmm I wanted to get a super chip but with the 5 speed it only provided the removal of the speed limiter and the rev limiter other then that no real improvements unless the car had serious mods, then it would be a good buy, other wise I think forget it unless you have an ATX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts