Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
What is different about the Rev F Clutch Pack?

Was there a Rev E? Since I just got a Rev D installed last month.
There was no "E" revision clutch. They skipped from "D" to "F".

The newer revision clutches are designed so that they can be cleaned but I believe that applied to the "D" revision as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My 2014 Focus se hb was built on 6/14. would anyone know if mine has the latest clutch?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
One rumor posted here was that the largest difference was packaging replacement seals with the clutch, rather than having to source them as separate part numbers for installation.

·
Registered
609 Posts
^this changed when the coverages were extended by Ford. They changed the hardware and seals to all be all packed together in a kit (EV6Z-7052-A) as opposed to before when every single related nut and bolt for the exhaust and subframe were all separate part numbers. Our dealership has done over 100 clutch swaps since the coverage was extended. That and the software update seems to solved it for now.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was no "E" revision clutch. They skipped from "D" to "F".

The newer revision clutches are designed so that they can be cleaned but I believe that applied to the "D" revision as well.
I was told over a month ago that the Rev D was such, could be cleaned.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^this changed when the coverages were extended by Ford. They changed the hardware and seals to all be all packed together in a kit (EV6Z-7052-A) as opposed to before when every single related nut and bolt for the exhaust and subframe were all separate part numbers. Our dealership has done over 100 clutch swaps since the coverage was extended. That and the software update seems to solved it for now.
I had the work done over a month ago, it was improved but after a month of driving the issues have returned, just not as severe. I still have shuddering and loss of throttle and find the car is riding in way too high a gear often. Might be great for fuel economy but it causes a host of issues in stop and go traffic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts