Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, is there a reusable dry air filter for the 2012 Focus?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved it to the duratec TiVCT performance section, because you can find reviews/opinions on a number of options here, oiled & dry.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have one too. I like dry filters better than oiled ones. Just make sure when you install it that you are careful and don't force it. It is a bit stiff at first and its a tight fit. After some miles it will come out and go in easier.
The other thing is be careful when tightening the bolts down on the stock airbox the first time. I cracked mine and had to superglue them.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, exactly what I was looking for. I ordered it direct from AEM, an after I paid for it everything, I got an email saying they're out of stock and will be sent when available.

Shouldn't this be info shared BEFORE paying for a product? Trying to cancel the order now, annoying. Oh well. /endrant

·
Registered
41 Posts
Notify your credit card company to put in a stop order - as the item is not available. The credit card company will see that you get a refund.... unless you used a debit card then you MAY be out of luck - they already have your money.... CUE

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Notify your credit card company to put in a stop order - as the item is not available. The credit card company will see that you get a refund.... unless you used a debit card then you MAY be out of luck - they already have your money.... CUE
Shameless plug here, Chase Sapphire Preferred is the best. They'll take care of me for sure. I emailed AEM to see how long it would be, but if I don't get a response in the next couple hours I'm going to cancel it for sure.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick update on this. I still don't have one, and can't find it anywhere. AEM ended up charging my credit card, and I can't get a response from anyone there. My credit card company said they'll take care of it, but that still leaves me without an air filter.

By far one of the worst companies I've ever done business with, and will almost certainly be my last.

Any other dry filters out there? Or am I just stuck with going the old paper route?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Airaid should sell a dry filter that fits. They make a cold air intake for the st with a fry filter, and the filter should fit the NA MAF housing fine. I'm not sure where to find the filter but you might be able to find it online, or someone here might know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts