Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at pull-a-part today getting a valve cover and intake mani off of a '98 contour and i saw that the fuel rail has two fuel lines. if i used this fuel rail could i make a somewhat cheap return fuel system?

also, what are the pro's and con's with a return style?

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
The return lines can be done with your stock Zetec fuel rail , the problems are you need to change the fuel pump and tank , this isnt needed for less then about 330HP

Tom

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok, what do you think about the valve cover?

have you ever messed with any of those?

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
you have to change to the Contour bolts and gasket but they do fit , its best to find an early NON VCT valvecover so it does not have the big hole at the #1 plug

Tom

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
but if you do find the vavle with the big hole, you just gunna need that plugged up. extra work.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you have to change to the Contour bolts and gasket but they do fit , its best to find an early NON VCT valvecover so it does not have the big hole at the #1 plug

Tom
i got the one that has vct. i was thinking that my zetec didnt have that hole. do you know what years have the non-vct zetecs?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Contours from 95-97 are non-VCT. On the return fuel system, its 95-98 & 99 to an extent....some cougar/contiques(contours & mystiques) have return & some returnless in 99.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts