Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have 17,500 miles on it and the return spring broke already, has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Wow thats stinks. Git it fixed.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Wow thats stinks. Git it fixed.
Don't feel bad 5 weeks after I got my 08 SES the whole gas tank fell out the back of my car on the freeway at 70MPH. My car had 1,528 miles on it. Good thing no one was behind me on the road. A ford Focus gas tank with 10 gallons of gas in it flying into your windshield at 70MPH would sure ruin your day!. The dealer towed me in and they said they were sorry. (And gave me a free can of coke)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the HECK did that happen!!!!!!!!!!???????????

·
Registered
302 Posts
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the HECK did that happen!!!!!!!!!!???????????
The fuel level sensor had to replaced it was giving a wrong tank level reading on the gage. A simple repair done under warranty. The mechanic put the tank back in the car and started the strap bolt in the hole. The problem was he forgot to tighten the bolt before returning the car to me. The bolt held for 1 week of driving before it let go. It wasent so bad after all they did say they were sorry and I did get a free coke out of the deal.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Lol wow

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
How do ya'll do it? I beat the crap out of my 08 and haven't had a SINGLE issue.

·
Registered
302 Posts
How do ya'll do it? I beat the crap out of my 08 and haven't had a SINGLE issue.
Go to my dealer for repairs if you want to have issues! They have a screw loose over there.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The dealer towed me in and they said they were sorry. (And gave me a free can of coke)
This is the best answer ever. [rofl]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
John i can't believe that happened to you!

and yeah i already got it fixed but they tried telling me everything was fine when i knew something was up with the clutch return and I had to go through a manager and the head of the mechanics department until they finally figured out the problem.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Note that I only think John's story was funny because no one was hurt, and the dealer apparently made it right. Had anyone been behind him when the gas tank let go, I wouldn't be laughing!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Note that I only think John's story was funny because no one was hurt, and the dealer apparently made it right. Had anyone been behind him when the gas tank let go, I wouldn't be laughing!
And don't forget I did get a free can of coke out of the whole deal too!

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
ive had my car since new in 08 and autox my car and never ever have had a single problem

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
yeah mine has been busted for quite a while too. I first noticed it when I couldn't set my cruise when it was cold out. clutch pedal wouldn't lift far enough on its own to release the switch. I still haven't replaced it though cause that cheap little spring is a $50 part from ford.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah mine has been busted for quite a while too. I first noticed it when I couldn't set my cruise when it was cold out. clutch pedal wouldn't lift far enough on its own to release the switch. I still haven't replaced it though cause that cheap little spring is a $50 part from ford.
Thats crazy because the spring costs like a dollar if that. I'm sure if you took out the spring and went to a hardware store they could match it exactly, its at least worth a shot.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Had 2 break on my o9. Finally put one on from work (Lawson brand) and it lasted longer than the ford pieces. Unfortunatly my o9 is no longer with us :,(

Knock on wood, my o8 still hasn't popped one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just had this same issue when I couldn't figure out why my cruise wasn't working for the first 5 minutes of my morning drive. Luckily mine was still under warranty so I got her fixed up for free. If it breaks again though I'll be heading to O'Reillys for a bit beefier one. (My warranty will be out by then for sure.) Hope this doesn't turn in to a frequent occurence.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts