Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this was asked for. And by request i also felt it could benefit alot of our memebers on FF.

For anyone with something or using what i don't have listed please add your contribution with as much help as possible.

Below are projectors i have used, worked with, seen, or like myself. Enjoy my fellow sex dome drivers.

BTW alot of these pics are from my fav retro store.

Acura TSX-

I use these in mine. The quality is great. If you want a tad more color in the cutoff they are quite easily modable.

These are one of the most commonly used sets of projectors as they are plentiful and work well. They bear a D2S HID. And offer no highbeam feature.

Valeo Low Beams-

I have a set of these i used for a fellow fantic. Amazing build quality. could mod them in like 5 mins. And brillant cut off and throw. They also fit the typical 2.5-3 inch shroud.

Valeo might be seen as second rate but they do alot of stock tails and such on cars like saturn and so forth.

E55 Bixenon-

Typically used in mercedes some BMW and caddies. They are made by hella which ties them into some top of the line stuff already. We used them on a 240sx silvia swap retro and i almost cried at night.

These are another big projector used in the retro world. Excellent build and a quality clear lens.

The projectors used in the MACH's and the Hella headlights i believe to be the same. They IMO are decent. The ones listed IMHO are far better as they present the Z cutoff that most look for vs the cut off like this ___/. I hate that and for a high end headlight i think it's silly.

Anymore add them. I will be retro fitting a set of audi headlights with a set of E45 BMW bi-xenon soon. Will update as needed.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well typically on both styles 00-04 and 05-07 if you fit and mount right. The tip of the back of the projector sits RIGHT as the bulb exit spot. No need to buy covering. If you would need to fab something up.

Otherwise inside from out a shroud would be used to clean the look.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
So the valeos are pretty decent? hmmmm can you say possible christmas break project.....lol (well maybe after christmas when I get some christmas money [:D])

But what do you mean by "could mod them in like 5 mins"? Switch them over to HIDs instead of the halogen bulbs that come with them?

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL sorry forgot to mention.

The color mod. essentiallyby adding washers you can add more space. it will blur the cutoff line a bit and also add a bit more pretty color to the cutoff. Alot of people do it and they still perform excellent.

As far as shrouds any you can find. I personally like the E45 BMW they look professional classy and subtle. There are others audi, and just random ones on ebay. Most all are good and clean up the look quite a bit.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW i think this was 5 or six washers. Alot of space=alot of color and a very blurry cut off.

The more space the more color the less crispness lol.

I will find the link there is a site me and anohter member use alot. They sell them for 99.99 wshipped with a lifetime warranty. I like to buy my materials there and HID's on another site.

BTW i found that code so let me know if you want the free shipping dealio.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
I definitely think I'm gonna do this to the extra set of stock housings I have

And If I'm brave after that I will attempt my ST170s [grinking]

ooo you found that code?!?!?! hit me up with a PM por favor [:D] (and can you tell me where you get what please!)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
nice snacky, spread the hid goodness all around... =]

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fo Shoa thanks to you my fine sir. We shall rule the FF HID's world lol.

Thanks man hope this clears up things for people looking to do this.

·
Registered
467 Posts
u should check out http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/, full of retrofit related posts. great info!

heres a post on that site of various projectors: clicky clicky

i personally like the modded s2k projectors, looks awesome.
i like the more crisp look.

yea if u are going to retrofit in reflective housing, i suggest u use some bixenon projectors. that way u dont lose ur high beams.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts