Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car after this winter was looking ROUGH. The tint on my tails and corners came off and was looking shoddy, I bent the #)*_) out of one of my rims, my dog tried to jump out of my moving vehicle (and was saved only by the harness I had him in... but he scratched the side of my car all to hell). My bumper was mangled in an accident, and to top it all off... someone actually stole one of my corner lights.

So my "project" this summer is to restore my car. ;)

A new SVT bumper is being put on tomorrow... so I thought it was time to polish and wax her to get her ready... here's some pics :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's my daughter in the top pic. She was a big help in polishing and waxing... and I gave her some money for helping out.

Next to come...

Phase 2: new SVT front bumper.

Phase 3: .. New tail lights. I'm going to be cracking open the clear corners and the APC euro tails and painting the insides black, and niteshading the SVT grille and the center brake light.

Phase 4: Tinting my windows, and rebadging the rear and the front with silver and chrome Ovals.

I'll post pics up as they come :)

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Car looks great. SVT front bumper on sedan = teh hottness (as Ash would say). Very nice. Looks like you got some great plans for it.... nice work!

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Good luck with man. See if you can swing the Euro Sedan tails. They are hot, with the amber blinker!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Teh hotness[:D]

·
Registered
758 Posts
Seems as though you know where you wanna go w/ this project. Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was that teh hotness?

I think it was :)

Those clear sidemarkers are actually kind of growing on me. I might leave them clear.. haven't decided. Definately will tint up those front SVT turns and buy me some halo headlights.

Silver badges and new tails in the mail ;)

Wow... what a difference that new bumper makes though!

And... can you see where they repaired the crack? No? Neither can I. It's flawless. The body shop did an amazing job. The bumper looks brand new. They welded the front and back of the crack. The whole project cost me $550, start to finish... including the new bumper, shipping, painting, and install. That's $100 more than a brand new front bumper would have cost me from FRPP.

In another year (after the warranty runs out), i'll be putting in an MBRP exhaust, 75 shot, and colder plugs with a tune.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You got it.

Still waiting for the tails to come in. I'm going to do the corners and the tails together. I just ordered a nice looking badge for the trunklid to fill up that oval space from when I debadged it. I might remove the centennial badge on the trunk once it gets here and I mount it... haven't decided.

Check it out :)

I'm also thinking about putting in those ebay halo's with the LED's that seem so popular on here.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
UPDATED!!!

New Rims!!!!

TINTED TURNS! Silver badge overlay!!! (Black corners coming!! Woot!!!)

Replaced hole left from FORD badge with centennial edition oval badge from a Ford Falcon (perfect fit!). Removed square centennial badge from trunk decklid... much cleaner look! And the blue black and white centennial badge matches my license plate! [thumb] \

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those pics are clickable.

Coming next... black corners, black euro tails, and a tint on all four windows... then I'm going to be done until my pocketbook recovers ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
wow, looking great. Really like the svt bumper on that sedan. I also really like those rims. Keep up the good work. Looks awesome so far.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks! Will post some better pics once the corners come in... thinking they'll be here today. These pics are kind of hard to see.

You coming out with us for the woodward cruise?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
UPDATED!!!

I purchased ebay projector halo's off of someone on here. They looked GREAT, however three of the four halo's were not working (we eventually figured that the led's in them were burned out), and the led's up top were flickering or didn't come on at all.

We tested each individual light from my battery posts, so I know the connection was good.

So.... I went to radio shack, and $40.00 later ($5.00 per LED... the bastards...) I had my Halo's working.

They had 7 white LED's. I needed 8. This was after my THIRD trip to radio shack trying to puzzle this problem out. I said "screw it" and decided to go with two white halo's and two blue. I hope the cops don't mind! [:D]

I used the existing LED mounts and rubber grommets. I had to do some fabricating work to make the bigger LED's from radio shack fit. I ended up using 3.6 volt LED's with 1/2 watt 220 ohm resistors.

ANYWAY! Here are the pics!

My baby with one eye missing!

Piecing together the LED's.

Halo's at night

Close-up shot of the halo.

Daytime w/ new headlights.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
BTW...

I just wanted to give out thanks to my G/F's dad, who helped TREMENDOUSLY with this project and spent most of the day with me yesterday getting those halo's wired.

Also... my g/f ROCKS. We were supposed to go out on Saturday... and when this one hour install job turned into a 6 or 7 hour job (because of the wiring and figuring out how to get everything done), she was totally cool with it... and even helped. (She did all the photos!)

[thumb]

1 - 20 of 49 Posts