Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking to myself, what size magnaflow should I have installed in my exhaust??

See, I'm going to put a header on my car in a couple weeks, and I know I'll need a resonator put in. I'm just debating on whether I should get the one with the 18" long canister or the 22" one.
These are both 4" round diameter, btw This is with a magnaflow exhaust (2.5"), and retaining of the 2nd cat.

I appreciate all help

Lamar

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the bigger one is quieter, but I don't want the setup to be "too" quiet, if you know what I mean

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
basically, does anyone have any experience with the 4" diameter magnaflow as a resonator??

·
Registered
108 Posts
if you leave the second cat on, it wont be too loud. it will be fairly loud but not bad. if the magnaflow you are talking about is a muffler, it will just sound like a magnaflow exhaust. or i would imagine it would because unless it is a muffler with sound deadening material in it i.e. a glass pack, it wont deaden the sound any

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i went with the vibrant extra quite performance resonator. it's like 14 in long but quite wide. it sound awesom

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know how the tone will sound, it's just the volume I'm wondering about. the volume is what attracts cops, not the tone. I just wanna quiet it down, but not too much[:D]

·
Registered
108 Posts
well i would go with like an 18 in glasspack then, that would keep it quiet if you used it with the magnaflow. here is what i would do. put the magnaflow in, and leave yourself room in the long straight pipe under the cabin if you want to put a glasspack in if the magnaflow is too loud. and just in case you havnt caught a few of the forums before, a resonator is just a glorrified glasspack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts