Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Iceman intake this week and noticed the same little difference that I had noticed with the same intake on the previous Focus. I had removed the Resonator and was thinking that it may be drawing in warmer air from the engine bay. I pulled the airbox and cut a 1/4" piece of lucite and then cut another piece in the same diameter as the resonator hole and attached them together with epoxy and a small screw. I then mounted it into the airbox with some black silicone adhesive to seal it from the engine air. It doesn't interfere with the filter or anything and it quieted it down a little more. No real power gain felt but I really didn't expect any.

Just a little bored.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Iceman resonator duct

The resonator duct that comes with the Iceman is a pain. IT does not lock on to the side of th airbox and likes to come off all the time. Not engineered very well.

On mine, I epoxied the iceman resonator duct to the side of the airbox. So far it has staying attached and in place for over 6 months now.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My original Iceman had the duct and it was fine. The new one I have, I bought from someone elsa and it didn't have it so I took care of the hole. The duct didnt fit mine too well either. I had to stop it from rattling all of the time too.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
dryer hose could be a good alternative to it eh. which filter did u get jis? if u want to squeeze every fraction of an hp out of it get the ITG panel filter. glad to see u back on the foci again :)

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Man...I thought this was an X-rated thread...lol...just kidding

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, kiss my resonator hole. HEHEHEHEHE

I have the K&N in it but if the ITG is really better then I might have to go with it too.

Oh yeah, Euro, I had no choice but to go on with the Focus. My wife likes the driving force of the Contour. She keeps racing all these ricers and whooping their a**es

1 - 7 of 7 Posts