Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Vibrant flat black muffler and an ultra-quiet resonator for a steal, going to get a new exhaust fabbed up.

Does resonator placement matter? Every aftermarket exhaust for the focus has the resonator before the muffler, in the center tunnel. I had wanted to use the flat black Vibrant muffler out back but it's way too long, will it hurt to put the resonator (oval shaped, would look nice) at the back with the tip poking out of the bumper? The muffler would be in the stock location next to the gas tank.

OEMs do it, I assume for less noise. Mine will be 3" and both of these are straight through designs so I could use a little extra hush

Thoughts?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seeing either or, doesnt look like it matters?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
It shouldnt matter, it is gonna have the same backpressure and sound no matter what order they are in.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
More space after the flex pipe & the exhaust gases are warmer or hotter than at the rear, if that matter's.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, I did some more reading and im worrying about nothing. I was curious if there was a diff based on placement like there would be with a cat but theyre both really glass packed mufflers so no worries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts