Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything wrong with doing it this way? Ive changed a few settings in my last 2 tunes and then cleared the DTC using the SCT device and the settings are actually working.

It sure makes tweaking the adjustments alot easier and quicker not having to pull the battery each time.

·
FF Affiliate
31,091 Posts
There is no need to pull the Batt , yes you can use the clear , you shouldnt be getting any codes tho

What codes are you getting ? You havent been saying anything about any

Tom

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no need to pull the Batt , yes you can use the clear , you shouldnt be getting any codes tho

What codes are you getting ? You havent been saying anything about any

Tom
No im not getting any codes. I noticed this by accedent when i first got my header i put in the wrong 02 sensor and it threw some rich code. You sent me a file for it but i forgot to pull the battery. So i cleared the DTC and then the new file went in.

I just wasnt sure if this was ok to do it this way or not. I like it better because i dont have to reset my radio each time i change the shift points or the firmness and idle settings. I can do everything inside the car and then drive it.

·
FF Affiliate
31,091 Posts
After we found the issue why the o2 wasent working there was no need to keep taking th Batt loose , when you load a new tune it basicly does a Batt reset

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts