Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked all over the book, even fiddled around in the car for a bit.

Cant seem to find a way to make the trip reset.

Driving a TI.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just hold OK on the left D Pad on the wheel. wait 5 seconds. resets

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
another example of a very minor but annoying design flaw... Why should u have to press and hold to reset guages... ALL other cars ive ever had, fords included, u press the button and let go and that's it '0'. If ur resetting all ur settings at once it feels as if it's taking an eternity... Again, minor but annoying.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
another example of a very minor but annoying design flaw... Why should u have to press and hold to reset guages...
I personally would rather have to hold the button than just press it so I don't accidentally reset something I don't want to. I certainly wouldn't call it a design flaw.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I personally would rather have to hold the button than just press it so I don't accidentally reset something I don't want to. I certainly wouldn't call it a design flaw.
Yarp, its not a stopwatch after all.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
another example of a very minor but annoying design flaw... Why should u have to press and hold to reset guages... ALL other cars ive ever had, fords included, u press the button and let go and that's it '0'. If ur resetting all ur settings at once it feels as if it's taking an eternity... Again, minor but annoying.
What you see as a flaw I see as a convenience. I hated accidentally resetting my meter when cycling between trips in my Mazda. It was click for switch and click and hold for a second to reset, so sometimes I'd accidentally reset just trying to switch trip displays.

And whats 5 seconds... are you really complaining about 5 seconds?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I found that one out myself. Yeah, the manual SUCKS!
Don't forget you need to reset all of the trip items individually. If you want to reset trip 1 and trip 2, there are a lot of steps to do this.
I only reset trip one at each tank of fuel. Trip 2 is reserved for long trips.
On my first tank, I did not do it correctly, so the information was not only for that tank of fuel.

Bill

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When do you guys fill your tank? Is it a good idea to wait till its lower, or maybe fill it around a few marks above empty?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, in my 2001 Mustang GT, I only had one trip computer and you had to push and hold the button, to reset. This was also true on my previous Honda.

·
Registered
747 Posts
When do you guys fill your tank? Is it a good idea to wait till its lower, or maybe fill it around a few marks above empty?
I burned out a fuel pump on an older car so generally don't wait until completely empty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The reset is annoying for the trip computer. Also annoying is you have to reset the mileage, timer, distance, etc. all individually. I like to use trip 2 to measure each tank and trip 1 is between oil changes.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I found that one out myself. Yeah, the manual SUCKS!
Don't forget you need to reset all of the trip items individually. If you want to reset trip 1 and trip 2, there are a lot of steps to do this.
I only reset trip one at each tank of fuel. Trip 2 is reserved for long trips.
On my first tank, I did not do it correctly, so the information was not only for that tank of fuel.

Bill
I've been experimenting here recently with the two resets. Reset Trip 1 right after filling up and measure combined MPG. Then reset Trip 2 whenever I go on extended trips to see highway mileage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts