Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok tonight i just pulled my cluster out to do the LED swap and when i put the needles back on, they are showing incorrect information, meaning my RPM isnt working etc, they DO work because when i first turned them on they went wako, would a 10 min neg. battery disconnect do the trick? or no? please help i will be on here waiting for an answer

·
Registered
351 Posts
On my Escape, I held in the odometer knob while starting it, and used the onboard diagnostics for my rpm and speed by pushing in on the knob until they were displayed. I set the fuel and temp. by filling the tank and pointing the fuel needle to F and getting the car to operating temp. and setting the temp. needle to halfway. The idle speed is approx. 700 to 800 rpm.-you can point the needle to it while sitting there idling. I set the cruise on 60 mph while driving on a deserted road (using the onboard display) and pointed the needle to 60.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
you need to manually calibrate the needles

that means warning the car up to full operating temp, and placing the needle on in the correct spot where it normally is when its fully warm, same goes for rmp, miles per hour and fuel level

have fun, when i did it to mine, it was a BITCH

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
yeah doing this SUCKS and takes a while.

when you put the needles back on DO NOT push them all the way down or else they will "hang" on the gauge face. and wont show a proper reading.

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL thanks guys yeah i found it out tonight while i was messing around with it, i got it all fixed except my gas gauge which ill fix tomorrow, and ill be addding rep for both of you when i get on tomoorow caus eim heading to bed now im tired lol.
later thanks again! [thumb]

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
A little trick I used was to lightly tape the tip of the needle to a preset speed without pushing it on the pin. Then using the odometer setting got to the desired speed. It helped alot. It's almost impossiblee to get it right the first time. Also, you don't have to be distracted for long looking for the pin. I set mine a little faster than normal for a fudge factor.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I drove my friend was ready to put needles on and my friends dad drove beside us telling us when we were doing 20mph lol it worked fine for me, and made things fun haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts