Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64229

I was wondering if this applies to the ATX as well, because I'm experiencing this issue with my '03 PZEV. I posted at the end of that thread a few days ago, but I got no response. My car's going into Ford today so I figured I'd ask about this issue and see if a ECU flash would resolve it. Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.. I'm sorry for the double post of this again, but I'd really like to know if it applies to the ATX as well.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Not sure if the official report applies to the ATX, but I've seen two ATX's (both 2004's) have a hard time starting in the same 15 minutes, so I know they're affected...

Lamar

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well i have a 04 zx3 and mine does the same as well. just today it did it 3 times to me. its really embarassing to sit there and have your car just crank. I asked a tec and he said that it happens to alot of focuses. So they didnt even want to look at it. So if you find out wat the exact problem is it would be nice. hopefully someone has the answer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad (and regretful) that other people are experiencing this issue as well as me. I took my car to Ford, but since there's no code to pull, there's nothing they can do about it. And yes, it's pretty embarrasing.. as much as I love people staring at me wondering why my car won't start...... lol.

Any other info about this would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone else have any information that I'd find helpful? I'm sorry for bumping this so much. Thank you.

·
Registered
383 Posts
That TSB is only for the MTX, and it only applies to a 2005.

If you have an ATX with troubles, it could possibly be a different concern.

All they do for the hard-start/no-start concern is reprogram the PCM with an updated program.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I rechecked the list of TSB's for 2005 Focus', and they now have one for the automatic 2.0L Duratec engine. It is a different TSB, but they perform the same action for the ATX, as they do for the MTX.

TSB 06-8-14 and it was released on April 20th/2006.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much for the information, I appreciate it![:)]

One question, do I have to pay the 15.00 to view the TSB on Infotraxx? That seems to be the only place that I can find the TSBs... unless I'm just blind.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Oh, I'm sorry, I just realized you have a 2003 2.3L PZEV. I found a different TSB for your year and PZEV engine.

TSB 05-21-6 October 13th/2005

ISSUE:
Some 2003-2004 Focus vehicles equipped with 2.3L PZEV engines, may exhibit a long crank or hard start condition with no malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on and no diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) present.

ACTION:
Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest level using WDS release B39.7 or higher.

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you so much, this is very helpful information. I brought my car in a couple weeks ago and mentioned the MTX issue from the other thread, but they "didn't know what I was talking about." My dad brought the TSB to them and they said they'd resolve the issue as soon as I bring my car home.[:)]

I wish every Ford employee could be as helpful as you.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My 04 zts had this problem too...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I finally got around to coming back home... and guess what? It was an old rev of the software. They flashed it, so we shall see if my little issue is resolved. Thanks again for the info! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been here for a little over a week with no issues... seems like it worked! Thanks again for the TSB info... [thumb]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts