Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've decided to go ahead and replace the wiper motor as I've got a big trip coming up soon. How difficult is this and can I do it in a day or a few hours or what? I've already priced it @ the local parts store and I can get it no problem. Just need to know whats involved and how long I should expect to be doing it. Gettin tired of having to turn the car off to stop the dang wipers. [confused]

Any help would be great.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
25,630 Posts
^^^ Agreed, just watch the edge of the windshield when you take them off, it all comes out the front... I actually had an arm pop off last winter with heavy ice. It poped back on luckily. The arm , or rod, down in the wiper motor well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you checked the relay or the switch?
9 times out of 10, that's what the problem is, and not the motor itself.
well, I took it to the dealership and they told me it was the motor. I know, I know, why am I trusting what the dealer says... *sigh* I guess I could try the switch first. I do have a pull a part close to me so, all I would need to do is find a focus there and get the switch off of it and swap it out. Probably be a lot cheaper then a motor too. Hmmmmm [dunno]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so, I've been to the pull a part and they only had one focus and it was pretty much gutted so, no luck in finding the switch. *sigh* Is there someplace I might be able to pick up a new one or "referbed" one online that I could get fairly quickly and inexpensively? Would ideally like to get it fixed b4 the trip. So, I basically got one week to get it done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.