Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey! my car is a ford focus 2013 SE, and an automatic. I'm trying to theme my car and I wanted to replace the shift and the boot too, but i'm very clueless. I'm sure i can figure out how to remove it.... but would getting a cloth boot be bad? and also, since it has that weird S function, is it even possible for me to replace the knob? that would theoretically render that function useless (not that i care or use it in the first place). Answers/advice? Also maybe an instructional link if you have it? :)

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
That trans faults to be bad so fast I would absolutely not touch anything there that affects electrical, you are asking for it.

It will break fast enough just like it is.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I replaced the shift boot myself. It just pops out so all you would need is a trim removal tool.

You will need to release the shifter without having your keys in the ignition. This will allow you to move the shifter so you can work on replacing the boot.

Here's a video for that:

I actually programmed sport mode to my car as I had L on my SE. I swapped to a leather wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters. I found a shift boot and trim piece that had the S on eBay.

Here's a link about the shift boot and shifter. I personally didn't change the shifter out but downhill descent doesn't work anymore. Which is fine because I never used it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to do a 6speed manual swap on my automatic 2018 focus se hatchback. Automatic transmission is going bad anyway so it needs to be done and manuals are better. What transmissions can I use? Will an RS tranny work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts