Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey one of my dome lights burned out and I though while im at why not replace the rest I was thinking of throwing some blue lights in there instead of the stock white ones I was just curious if I could use one of these lights to replace the center one I drive a 2003 zx3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/36mm...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

and for the side ones I have no clue what the sizes are if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would definitely go LED makes a huge difference in the car. As for the map lights we need reverse polarity LEDs. Check out the sylvania web site for the correct sizes and then head over to autolumination.com for the light. I'm going to be buying some of the reverse polarity ones with a friend of mine. If you shoot them an email they'll take care of you.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got one of of ebay a wile back when I posted this ended up being a festoon one like you said for the map lights im prolly going to leave them stock. you ever add any leds like under the dash or anything

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got one of of ebay a wile back when I posted this ended up being a festoon one like you said for the map lights im prolly going to leave them stock. you ever add any leds like under the dash or anything
Not yet. I plan on doing that somewhat soonish. I'm going to wire it into a switch and put the switch in the CD holder by the steering wheel so it's nice and hidden. I did however add a light in the glove box using the hood pop sensor for an alarm and an LED strip from PepBoys.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dang dude I really really want to I have the money for it I just dont have a clue when it comes to hooking those things up never have held an led strip in my life before haha how hard is it to do?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll make sure to do a little write up for the glove box this week. Not hard at all.
I would really appreciate a write up but you drive an 07 I drive an 03 i Hope there isn't a huge difference but I would really appreciate one as Im sure others would.

Im also completely lost on how to wire any leds so hopefully this is an easy start.

Today I plan on modding my gauge cluster to light up blue and red will see how this plays out[:D]

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Post some pics if you can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts