Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody tried to replace the clutch on their svt? if so, did u have to drop the whole subframe to do it.

what clutch kit does anybody recommend me to get for my svt. im thinking of spec clutch stage II and flywheel, anybody out there witht his mod?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
there's a thread with SVTF clutch flywheel combo reviews . . . please read before you post.

·
Registered
523 Posts
im about to do my clutch. never did one on a foci, but i have on front wheel drive cars before. what i did was pull the wheel off, then pull the axel to get to the trany. then you should have room to pull it out.

will this work w/ our car? or is there a trick to it?

·
Registered
356 Posts
the 2002 service manual states you need to drop the sub frame.

the 2004 says you just slide of off to the side and through the bottom removing the axel to do it. Seems pretty easy if you have access to a lift, a lil more of a PITA if you are doing it on jack stands.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
2004SVTAutoXer said:
there's a thread with SVTF clutch flywheel combo reviews . . . please read before you post.
...???

...You don't HAVE to drop the subframe....

·
Registered
592 Posts
No You Don't Have To Drop The Sub-Frame. I Just Did Mine This Weekend. it Was Complete PITA. High Reccomend If You Don't Have Acces To A Lift, Find One To Use. Alot Of Work, Frustration Etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i put a stage 3 SPEC clutch and flywheel...it runs great it just is that with stage 3 the clutch chatters in idlemode...but its worth it

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hey anyone have a how-to or how they replaced their clutch/fw? I thought I saw something along those lines on here before, it wasnt a complete how-to but it had a run through in it

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm gonna make a How to in about 3 or 4 months, maybe earlier if I get vacation. Maybe by that time someone will beat me to the first how to thread for replacing SVT clutch. If not I will write one step by step and with lots of pictures.

From what research I've done a LUK clutch from E-Bay is better than the stock clutch and at a good price. The LUK clutch would be good for someone not wanting to add a lot of HP. LUK is what I'll do my write up on.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
yea ill be going with Luk too. My buddy that works in parts in our local dealer can't even get the oem kit anymore, i wanted to see what itd cost me since he gets me everything for cost.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
you can get the luk kit with fw and clutch for about 440 shipped

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
how did you pay for a clutch and a flywheel for only $300? the flywheel (aluminum) by itself is $300

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm looking at a set on E-BAY for $415 to $440.

This complete clutch kit includes:
Brand new genuine LuK Dual Mass Flywheel
Brand new genuine LuK Pressure Plate
Brand new genuine LuK Clutch Disc (9-7/16", 14 spline)
Slave cylinder with Release Bearing
Alignment Tool
Installation Guide

The installation guide is the reason I'm buying it. plus it's a better clutch than OEM.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
it sucks that it's an unpsrung disc though

·
Registered
196 Posts
did mine without dropping the subframe they are fairly easy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts