Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to do the rear links without doing the front? Not going to touch the front right now as they dont seem to need it. Car has 50k btw.

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts
On what car? Your name says Black Mk2, info and picture shows a 2011 SES but posted in Mk1? :p

Either way, as long as you replace the pair. for suspension and steering parts you will always ideally replace both the right and left side. Even if its only one side that is damaged or needs replacement.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my 2011 mk2. Sometimes i post in here because its more active and they share the same chassis.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
If you can, do the fronts anyway. They're very easy to replace and they are a common failure point anyway.

Its unusual that the rear end links would fail. Are you replacing broken parts or just upgrading to a more sturdy piece?

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts
I have had the rear end links mostly fail due to the rubber bushing rotting/drying out and then also being so rusty that you have to cut them off.

Going to upgrade to poly also?

·
Registered
54 Posts
As mentioned above, You should be just fine with just replacing the rears as long as you change both side, which is what you are doing from what I read.

Just check the fronts for excessive play or wear.

Allcruisen

·
Registered
22 Posts
To get the most out of the upgrade, do the fronts too. While doing just the rear is fine, neglecting the stock fronts could create weird handling characteristics under harder body roll.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts