Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a Boss Elite 480BRGB radio fits in and hooks up to a 07 Focus without the need for adapters?

w/ my magic bag
IDK, possibly need to hitup the manufacturer or car audio store.....

Jetsetter
You will need a wiring harness and dash kit to make it work, nothing is plug and play except another stock unit.

Also that HU is nothing great. crutchfield.com is a great source for car stereo stuff, and once you spend so much on a Headunit (around $100) all the install gear is included free.

Registered
Find wiring diagram for your Focus stock radio and match them to the new harness. Might take some mapping but it should be doable

Registered
Just picked this car up a few weeks ago. Was looking to replace the factory radio and found the new ones do bluetooth. ( I haven't messed with aftermarket radios in ages.) Looked through Crutchfield and found I still had a $13 credit. Grabbed the BOSS 560BRGB for $69.99, but that came with Meta mount and harness adapter. So after taxes, paid $60~

It is a basic HU, but I have Bluetooth to place calls and stream audio, USB, and aux port. And a remote.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Registered
I just did a radio through Crutchfield. 100% way to go with them. They give you choices based on your specific car and give you all the parts and instructions to DIY.

Registered
Were you able to use the OEM Ford light dimming on it? Mine wouldn't accept the duty cycle method they control illumination power with, I had to wire it to be lit all the time.

No other issues though on a radio so cheap I couldn't believe it and it works VERY well for the price.

Registered
No dimming option. If the color is to obnoxious at night, I'll change it. This once is also hard to see at angles during the day or when wearing sunglasses, but like you mentioned, it was cheap.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts