Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still Crusin
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking off my indiglo gauge face and me like a dope while I was taking it off 3 of the needles came out. Now, I fixed the water and tach. But, my question is I was thinking about replacing the cluster. Not the whole assembly though. I was looking at it and was wondering what if I just swap out only the gauge assembly and not the part with the odometer. I know you can just take out the gauge cluster apart from the odometer assembly. The gauge assembly only has small 3 torx screws holding it on to the cluster itself. So Can I just swap the gauge assembly out and replace it with another one? This way if it works I don't have to deal with recalibrating the odometer. Has anyone done this? Hope ya'll know what I'm talking about. I need help! Thanks.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
when you change the gauge cluster you change the odometer, it is all one unit so you lose your miles and gain the new ones or lose some. unless the dealer is really cool

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just did this mod earlier today ... took me about 30 minutes including removeing and replacing all the screws and testing the tachometer. fairly easy swap out. as far as I know, there is no way to just change the mileage part, you have to replace the whole thing. I added 18K to my car, so I'm going to be keeping the old cluster for when I trade it in (no sense losing money over miles not there).

·
Registered
445 Posts
i heard a dealer can change the milage on those with a computer??!?!?!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
they can send it out to change if they are cool or if your stocker broke by the way it will cost you and remember a ford oem cluster will cost 500

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
including programing

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
the dealer can set it back because your ECU still holds the true miles and if u swap it back when u sell it and they take it to a shop for inspection u can get in trouble for fruad its a big deal because a friend of mine tried that

·
Registered
185 Posts
cruzstyle said:
the dealer can set it back because your ECU still holds the true miles and if u swap it back when u sell it and they take it to a shop for inspection u can get in trouble for fruad its a big deal because a friend of mine tried that
It's not difficult to simply tell them the true miles and explain why the reading is off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts