Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I tried searching but couldn't quite figure out my answer as there were a lot of people trying to install heated mirrors after-market.

I currently have heated side mirrors, and everything is working fine - except the glass on the passenger side got cracked and I need to replace it. I'd rather not replace the whole assembly, and I suspect it isn't necessary - but I wanted to be sure.

I also see a TON of side mirrors available by ebay and such (and there's a U-pick place near my house) so I wanted to know if I need to look for anything in particular when replacing it.

I'm guessing the $20 replacement mirrors on ebay won't do the trick, but I'd rather not spend the time or money on a full assembly.

Anyone able to help? Thanks!

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
The glass used to simply snap in place but I'm guessing that when you go to heat that will all become a one piece unit as you have wiring to worry about. I bet there is no plug for it either, all one part to make you buy the entire thing, as that is a Ford objective now on literally all parts.

If they let you free in the scrapyards you can verify that yourself by breaking one or two of them to be sure of what you are looking at. The heating element will be attached to the glass, there is no adding it yourself.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
All,

I tried searching but couldn't quite figure out my answer as there were a lot of people trying to install heated mirrors after-market.

I currently have heated side mirrors, and everything is working fine - except the glass on the passenger side got cracked and I need to replace it. I'd rather not replace the whole assembly, and I suspect it isn't necessary - but I wanted to be sure.

I also see a TON of side mirrors available by ebay and such (and there's a U-pick place near my house) so I wanted to know if I need to look for anything in particular when replacing it.

I'm guessing the $20 replacement mirrors on ebay won't do the trick, but I'd rather not spend the time or money on a full assembly.

Anyone able to help? Thanks!
I believe Ford still sells the glass you need:
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-ford-focus-rh-right-passenger-side-mirror-glass-cm5z17k707g

Should fit 2012+

Good luck
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts