Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ZX4 SES and I'm trying to replace the drivers side front parking light bulb. I have everything apart but I cannot get bulb to come out of the housing. Everything I've read says to disconnect the plug then turn the housing counter-clockwise to remove it. Is there a trick to this? I Cannot get it to turn and I had to stop before I break it. Any help will be greatly apppreciated.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
If your to the point of breaking it from twisting on it , try to see if you can wiggle it the other way and maybe jar something loose. But I would be wearing some gloves just in case it does break and you might also want to disconnect your negative battery cable as a safety precaution to make sure it doesn't short something out if it breaks a wire.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I know that on the wagon rear light, the bulb housing will sort of get soft and stick/melt to the main housing. Had to get a new bulb housing and Dremel some plastic on the main housing to fit

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
^^^ Yeah, its just STUCK!...They are tight, I have put a rag around and used pliers before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts