Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hatch only has rear drums, i want to replace them with a disc set up. I also dont really want to pay $600 for a kit lol. Im thinking about searching the junk yards and just pulling all the parts i need to do the swap. So im looking for a list all the parts ill need.

Calipers and brackets
Pads
Rotors
aside from that im not sure, i also havent gone and looked at one with a disc set up to see what ill need.

any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Agreed. You'll also need those disc brakes because you're about to warp speed over to the mk3 section ;-)

·
Registered
368 Posts
From the service manual, it looks like you will need the disc anchor plates (what you call brackets), the disc shields, attaching hardware, and the emergency brake cable(s) (may be different from drum brakes) as well as the parts you listed.

It might be a bit more expensive to buy a conversion kit, but at least you know you'll get everything you need, as well as upgraded rotors and pads.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Their kit doesn't come with Pads or rotors. And if you want them with the kit it ends up costing 865. The steeda kit which comes with front and rear pads and front and rear cross drilled and slotted rotors for 595. If I can get the parts for 150-200 bucks I'd be crazy not to. It's like how most guys just drop in an open ended filter As opposed to putting a cai in. Save money for the same results!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts