Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, new here. so i have a '10 SES and someone clipped my mirror while it was parked [rant]

so i've got a replacement, but i'm just wondering if anyone has any type of write up on how to do it? i'm assuming the door panel comes off but i don't want to attempt it and end up snapping a clip on the panel. the last thing i want is a rattling door panel on a relatively brand new car. thanks guys

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Actually it's not that expensive to get someone to do it, I recently was in an accident and my mirror was killed in the process and the cost to replace AND labor was $75. And that was at a stealership. So it must be easy but like you said, I don't want to be rattling down the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I was quoted around $150 at a stealership. I'd rather save that money lol

Sent from somewhere

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
^^ ouch, that kinda blows, not sure on how to do it myself though. Anyone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i was able to take care of it. turns out it can be accomplished by just taking the mirror switch and plastic cover off and all 3 bolts are easy to reach!

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
^^ what he stated is correct. Remove the inside mirrow switch (joystick for me, manual) and there is 2-3 bolts that hold the mirror.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i removed the door panel by prying up the window switch bezel and a screw hidden behind the door pull. i believe there is a screw along the door jam near the door striker. then there were the 3 bolts behind the black plastic at the mirror. i had power windows and mirrors so i believe i had to access the harness behind the door panel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts