Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the drivers side door in my girlfriends focus.. Someone did a hit and run.. Messed up her door and fender... I'm not very familliar with the door hinges on her focus.. Looks almost like I would need some sort of a Torx head socket to remove two screws so I can lift the door off.. I've never done this on a focus and I was wondering if anyone has any tips.. I'd really appreciate any advise.. thanks guys !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
never done it before, but I know you need to line up the body lines. I belive there is room to play with it in the mounting points.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I might help :).

First you have to take off the fender, because then you have the best access to the screws, and you can keep the door closed and adjust them. First i tried with fender on the car and it was pointless and making me anger and anger.

You have only those screws to adjust the door: ( my car )

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
As for the fender there are 10-11 screws that are holding it.
3 are under the head light
PIC

3 you have at the top and you can see them when you open the hood.
TIP! Leave one so when you will unscrew those at the bottom, fender will not fall off and you will not damage it!
PIC

One you can saw when you open the door. Almost on top.
PIC

2 screws are at the bottom. You have to go under the car.
PIC

And the last one is hidden behind the splash insert
PIC

HOPE IT HELPS YOU :)))))))

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
OH! I forgot to mention that there is one screw that holds your head light and it's connected with the fender thru this hole:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i wasn't sure if those screws were for adjustment or for mounting.. Thanks for all your help.. I'm going to get all ford parts so I dont have to spend a week trying to line up a generic part.. thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts