Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished replacing the silver center dash bezels on my 2013 SE with black ones designed for a Focus S. It took all of ten minutes or so, and that included removing the entire radio bezel to gain access to the locking tabs on the vent bezels. Instructions for removing the radio bezel can be found online, so I won't cover that here.

Once you remove the radio bezel, lay it face down on a towel or padded surface. Using a small flat screwdriver, push the locking tabs in slightly on the vent bezels, and, using a flat nylon trim tool, gently pry the old vent bezels away from the radio bezel. Carefully snap the new vent bezels into the radio bezel, reinstall the radio bezel into the car, check to be sure your radio controls all work, and you're done.

Part numbers for the black center dash vent bezels are CV6Z-5804388-AF and CV6Z-5804388-BF. MSRP on the vent bezels is $65 each, but I was able to find them from a Ford dealer on ebay for $40 each. The result was worth the expense and effort.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just a suggestion, but I might have just Plasti-Dipped the silver ones in matte black, and put them back on and saved the $$$.

If you didn't like the result, peel it off.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is no good without pictures...[chair]

So SHOW US already...
Will try to get pics in the next couple of days - was getting dark when I finished today, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to MkIII Interior Mods section

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I like the silver in the SE, it gives it a nice contrast. I would like to eventually swap them out with the "gloss" silver from the Ti models, vs the matte silver in the SE.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the silver in the SE, it gives it a nice contrast. I would like to eventually swap them out with the "gloss" silver from the Ti models, vs the matte silver in the SE.
I wouldn't mind the silver in the SE if all the dash vents were silver, but having the outer vents black and the center vents silver just looks out of place to me. I still have the other silver accents on the console, and I don't plan on changing them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got a pic in between rain showers.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now... You must paint the gray plastic pieces around the A/C knobs and the transmission stick
I think that would be a bit too much black, so I'm probably going to leave the two center pieces of the console silver. I'm seriously considering making the large silver piece at the right and rear of the shifter trim panel black (like on a standard SE without the 201A package).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts